I can't believe it has been a month since my last post. With the Holiday season it feels like yesterday that I was writing thawing out from Montrose writing my race report. So this is what I have been doing since then, in no particular order:
- Thankfully had an uneventful drive down to Louisville for Christmas (no snow or deer)
- Spent Christmas with my family in Louisville and learned I am not very good at Texas Hold em
- Kelly and I had our annual Holiday Thursday in the City and ate at Frontera Grill. May is that place good.
- Went to a couple of Christmas Parties with the in laws and Kelly's family
- Went to the Map Room a couple of times. Their beer menu is amazing!!
- Added peanut butter and cranberries to my banana bread recipe which I think are nice additions to the recipe
- Had a really fun New Years Eve, actually too much fun and was regretting it the next day
- I have been running 3-4 times a week, and signed up to run the Shamrock Shuffle in March
- Signed up to take the AICP exam to become a certified urban planner. Fortunately or Unfortunately depending on how you look at it I have the time to devote to studying for the exam right now.
- Made a bread with Semolina Flour
- Pickled Jalapenos (super hot) and Sweet and Spicy Pickles, and do have to say they are really good
- Tried to make fudge twice but couldn't get it to firm up correctly. I guess I just don't have my dad's touch for making fudge.
- And I also still have this going through me head. I think I may tape a copy of this photo to my handlebars to keep me motivated for next year. It is perfect that Nevada Dave can be seen in the foreground.
Photo by: Venicen
Even with my unemployment Kelly and I had a great 2008; spending a lot of time with family and friends, meeting some great new friends, visiting some really cool places, seeing some really great concerts, and I hope that 2009 brings more of the same, and of course a job for me :)