Monday, April 16, 2007

Working on the Skillz and a Good Day

Sunday I got up early and headed out to Palos to ride with friend and teammate, Brian Parker. We decided to bring the cross bikes, as the singletrack is still too wet to be ridden, and stuck to the double track trails. With cross bikes, and plenty of muddy rutted sections to be found it made for some good riding, and hopefully helped improve my bike handling skills. Riding a cross bike offroad does beat you though, as my shoulders and arms are aching today.

After getting home Kelly and I took Bernie to the Forest Preserve for a walk. He wore himself out smelling everything in site, and trying to eat some goose poop. Afterwards we headed home and watched “The Science of Sleep”. Probably not a movie for everyone, but we both enjoyed it. Later we headed up to the Berwyn Fruit Market to pick up items for Burritos. Kelly had been telling me how wild this place was, and she wasn’t joking. The place was really packed with product, and has lots of ethnic foods that you can’t find at Dominicks or Jewel.

I also had the willpower to not see the Paris Roubaix results throughout the day and watched the coverage on Versus. I was glad to see O’ Grady pull off a huge win. Of course I would have been better for La Squadra Churro if Boonen had won, but he played the wrong tactics, and missed out on the winning move. Boonen must have been feeling really strong, as he was able pull back the chase group and sneak in for a sixth place.

No comments: