Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Speedvagen!!



Yesterday I got my application in the mail to be one of the lucky few to purchase one of these

The Speedvagen is a side project of Sacha White of Vanilla Bicycles, and is to be a more utilitarian cross racing machine compared to the normal Vanilla Bicycles. The other big benefit is that he is planning to deliver these bikes by this August instead of his normal wait of 2-3 years. To meet this deadline he has brought in Mike DeSalvo of Desalvo Cycles to do some of the welding.

The application came with an 8 x 11 piece of wood with the Speedvagen crest silk screened on it. My first instruction for the application was to hang up the crest in my house, which I have done.


Next step includes completing the application which includes a small bag to put a mud sample, as well as a small area to place a blood sample (not joking!!).




4 comments:

joeyTWOwheels said...

No freaking way! I read about these a couple months back. So jealous. Look at those swoopy round stays and the integrated braking - holy shit. So jealous.

I might have to come to Chi-town just to see it.

Why the mud and blood?

tjh said...

Hve you reveived your sizing kit yet?

Booksy said...

amazing! Blood and Mud... Sounds about right! Can't wait to get whupped by someone on one of these things!

Chris Berry said...

Hve you reveived your sizing kit yet?