Monday, April 7, 2008

A Good Weekend

These are the weekends that make it worth suffering through the long cold Chicago winters. This weekend was beautiful with temps in the mid 60’s and plenty of sunshine. Enough sunshine to give me my first funky knee warmer tan of the year.

Friday night Kelly and I went to the Vic to see the White Rabbits, The Walkmen and Spoon (more to follow on this show). Saturday Kelly and I went for a ride though LaGrange and Western Springs. There were tons of people out doing yard work, running, and biking, and the smell of barbecue was in the air. Kelly’s wrist felt good on the bike, which is a good sign. She was worried that it might bother her while riding down the volcano in Hawaii.

Sunday I was joined by Soupy and Paolo for a ride from my house. The plan was to ride to the Prairie Path, cruise out to the Fox River Trail in South Elgin, looping back through Wheaton, finally returning back to Berwyn. The ride ended up being a bit longer than anticipated, but with plenty of sunshine, none of us were really complaining. Total trip, close to 80 miles, consisting of roads, dirt trails, and crushed limestone trails. Paolo completed the loop on his Gary Fisher Ferrous, with some serious meaty tires. He is one tough hombre.

That night I tried my hand at homemade pizza dough and sauce. I topped the pizza with some fresh basil and cheese. It turned out pretty good, and was followed by some homemade chocolate chip ice cream. Needless to say after 5.5 hours of riding I was really hungry!!

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1767386

1 comment:

Soupy said...

It was a great ride. We'll have to do that again soon!

I can see I'll have to check in here more often if I want the low down on good shows coming to the area!