Friday, September 5, 2008

Sometime you gamble....

...and sometimes you throw snake eyes. Unfortunately this is what happened with my most recent job. As of about 4 weeks ago I am unemployed and looking for a job. I was hoping I could ride out the bad times, but it was not to be. So for the 5 readers of my blog if you know anyone involved in any of the following fields please let me know:

Land Development
Development Consulting
Urban Planning
Land Planning
Urban Design
Landscape Architecture

I have setup a secondary blog with portions of my design and planning portfolio for anyone interested in checking it out.

http://gregheckdesign.blogspot.com/

Thanks

5 comments:

joeyTWOwheels said...

Sorry to hear that Greg. Let's make some lemonade from those lemons.

I've got a friend who you might be able to collaborate with, I will send an email to you both.

You also might consider other social media outlets, like Twitter and maybe even a mailing to developers.

joeyTWOwheels said...

Plus, I hear you can make money when you win bike races. With extra time on your hands...

Greg Heck said...

Defintely trying to stay positive at this point. One of the good things is that all the house repairs I have been puting off, I now have plenty of time to complete.

Well, over my cycling career I have probably made less than $100. So if we have to live off of that type of money we are in real trouble.

Anonymous said...

Yo Greg - shot a note over to the wifey and having her check her contacts. I'll be in touch!

Anonymous said...

That's rough Greg, good luck finding a new job. I've gotten contacted by a couple people through LinkedIn.com