Monday, January 26, 2009

Thank You Universal Sports

The Universal Sports network, home of what most consider fringe sports (Downhill skiing, XC Skiing, running) all of which I love, actually aired the Crossvegas race on Sunday evening. The station also mentioned in a commercial that they will be airing the World Cyclocross Championships. So if you get a chance drop them a thank you email so we can hopefully get more of cross racing on the television in the future.

http://www.universalsports.com/CreateTicket.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23000

5 comments:

Julie said...

Ben and I freaked out cuz we couldn't get it- would have loved to see him on TV! What kind of coverage was it? Did you see Ben at all?

Greg Heck said...

I was looking for Ben, but didn't spot him. They did show the whole group starting. Was Ben in front of the crash at the start? Coverage was half hour of both the mens and womens race, way too much coverage of the Lance group, but still cool.

I think it will be airing a couple more times, and I also heard that it may be shown on Versus

Julie said...

Ben started right behind Lance and rode in the group with him for probably ~2 laps. He was in front of the start crash.

Greg Heck said...

I reviewed the video in slow mo, and I belive that I do see a blurry Ben cruising by at the start. He had on white glasses, right?

Ted said...

I read on the cyclocross magazine forum that Cross Vegas will be rebroadcast Jan 31st at 6 AM EST.

I'm not so good at math. Does that mean it's on at 5 AM here?